Brow creases and furrows form from repeating the same face expression, such as showing anger, happiness, or anxiety over time.
With aging, the manufacture of collagen and elastin decline and your skin loses these reserves. The gradual decline of these makes your skin and underlying tissue droop and weaken, which causes forehead furrows and lines.
Sun exposure is another main contributor to the lines, especially those in the forehead area. Genetics too plays its role and determines in which area or age you may form wrinkles. It's possible that someone may get wrinkles in one's brow region at a younger age, owing to genetic factors.
The best way to wipe out or minimize brow lines and wrinkles quickly is to do two cool facial workout exercises:
Put your forefingers on the verge of your hairline, lining up with your eye pupils. Make small, firm inward circles. This acupressure workout is called Mei Jung and is very effectual in exercising the fine muscles, tissue, and skin on the forehead. This is moreover beneficial for enhancing gall bladder and liver function.
Now, with the same fingers, situate them in line with the pupils of your eyes, in the middle
Practice each of these yoga facial exercises at least once per day, for approximately 1 to 5 minutes. Press hard, but not so that it hurts. You'll experience a tingling sensation in the upper and middle regions of your face. This is confirmation that they're working, and that the blood meridians and energy points are opening. Try using a face cream or moisturizer on your fingertips as you do the acupressure facial gymnastics.
It must be noted that DIY facial toning in this approach is very effective for other parts of the neck and face, and is good for firming chubby cheeks, double chin, turkey neck, and levelling out crow's feet, under eye lines, eye bags, and dark circles.
You will notice added color and a fading of forehead wrinkles after a couple of days. Your brow will look more smooth. Yoga facial exercises offer permanent results, if practiced frequently. Listed below are some other strategies for men and women who aspire to focus on the elimination of deep or shallow forehead lines and furrows:
1. Make it a habit to wear sunglasses when you go out in bright light to avoid squinting to decrease frown lines. Frequent squinting leads to glabellar lines, a form of brow furrows which go across your forehead over your eyes. Also use a good sunscreen.
2. Try relaxing more and slash stress and anxiety: These act as major contributors to forehead wrinkles; so try being calmer.
3. Consuming at least eight to ten glasses of water each day will not just keep your skin hydrated, but also lead to a glowing, younger looking skin.
4. Eliminate or cut down on smoking. Smoking is not just adverse for your wellbeing, it also makes the blood vessels in the epidermis to narrow which throttles blood supply to your skin. This causes premature wrinkles to form, such as deep forehead lines.
5. Rub on a good quality anti-wrinkle cream that has AHA alpha-hydroxyl acids to your frown wrinkles. These creams can remove dead skin cells, and promote the creation of new skin cells. Alternatively, you can use homemade applications like Aloe Vera, honey, olive oil or almond oil to keep your skin moisturized, soft, and supple to avoid or minimize brow lines.
6. Aim to obtain 8 hours of sleep a night. If you have sufficient rest, your body will generate more collagen and elastin. These help decrease the formation of wrinkles and lines on the brow, and help restore youthful skin.
7. Dine on plenty of fruits and green veggies to keep the skin healthy. Ingest vitamin supplements in case your daily diet is insufficient in fulfilling your nutritional requirements.
8. Daub coconut oil on your brow, and work it slowly and gently. This exercise is very useful in the treatment of reducing, or disposing of forehead lines.
9. Peel off dead skin cells by applying some good face scrub on your face and brow. Follow up with a good moisturizer to keep your facial skin moist. Scrubbing bi-weekly on regular basis will exfoliate your skin, showing more visible results on your brow, and reducing creases over a surprisingly short period of time.
So, if you want to get rid of the lines on your brow and deal with other face wrinkle and sagging face problems, utilize the above strategies and hints to get a smooth forehead and a generally younger looking skin on the top part of your face.